Weekly Covid Update
New Resident Cases: 1
New Staff Cases: 2
New Resident Deaths: 0
New Staff Deaths: 0
Updated each Friday by end of day.
We are so pleased to welcome visitors to the Friendly Home!
- Compassionate care visits will be allowed at all times, regardless of the resident’s vaccination status, the county’s COVID-19 positivity rate, and/or an outbreak. If the Member is on isolation precautions, visitors must wear the appropriate PPE during their visit. If you have a question about whether you are a designated compassionate care visitor or would like to become one, please contact your Social Worker.
- Visitors may come to the Friendly Home seven days a week, and are encouraged to consider visiting between 10:30am – 8:30pm.
- Visitors are discouraged from coming during the lunch hour to help with maintaining appropriate social distance in neighborhood dining rooms.
- All visitors will continue to be screened each time they visit for symptoms and/or potential exposure to COVID-19, as well as have their temperature taken. For the purpose of potential contact tracing, we’ll also need to document the visitor’s name, address, telephone number, email address, and the date and time of the visit.
- Masks must be worn properly over the mouth and nose at all times. Masks are required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status, including while visiting in private and semi-private Member rooms and in public and common areas AT ALL TIMES – regardless of vaccination status. If a Member is on precautions, visitors are still allowed, but must wear the appropriate PPE (i.e., gowns, gloves, masks, face shields). The Friendly Home will provide these items as well as any assistance that is needed with donning and doffing them properly.
- The Friendly Home requests that all visitors be vaccinated against COVID. Vaccination is requested, but not required.
- Clothing items will need to be labeled and left in the laundry drop box across from our Auditorium so that they can be laundered and labeled prior to delivery to the Member. We will provide forms for your completion. Visitors should not bring these items to Member rooms or visiting areas.
- Food and drink are not allowed in Member/patient rooms at this time, whether it is private or semi-private, and regardless of Member/patient and/or visitor vaccination status.
- Physical distance should be maintained as much as possible within the confines of the room or visiting area.
- Outdoor visitation is highly encouraged, weather permitting.
- The guidance requires limited visitor movement throughout the building. Visitors should go directly to and from the Member’s room or visiting area. For example, visitors may bring their loved ones to the Friendly Gift Shop, the Auditorium or outdoors, and then return directly to the Member’s room. Please do not congregate in other public areas in the building.
- Visitors must maintain a social distance of six feet from anyone other than their loved one; i.e., other Members, visitors and staff.
- Visitors ARE allowed in the neighborhood dining rooms – HOWEVER, you MUST be masked (over nose & mouth) AT ALL TIMES, regardless of vaccination status and NO EATING OR DRINKING.
- The Friendly Home can arrange Zoom visits for Members’ loved ones who live out of town and don’t have anyone locally who can coordinate these visits with the Member. Please use this link to arrange Zoom visits ONLY in these circumstances, as we have limited staff resources available to assist. If you have questions, please contact Courtney Pierce, Director of Life Enrichment, at email@example.com or (585) 789-3121.
- If Members leave the building for offsite visits, they may be tested for COVID at regular intervals upon their return.
- Dog visits are permitted under the following conditions, providing that the animal’s up-to-date vaccination records are on file at the Friendly Home. Please contact Courtney Pierce at (585) 789-3121 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- The dog appears healthy.
- The dog has not had any exposures to humans or other pets with COVID-19. A quarantine period starting 14 days before the nursing home visit is recommended, during which the dog has no contact with pets or humans from outside its place of residence.
- Members and staff wear masks when within 6 feet of the dog.
- Hand hygiene is performed before and after contact with the dog.
- The dog’s leash is sanitized between human handlers.
- Members and staff do not handle the dog’s toys.
- No licking or “kisses” of Members or Staff by the dog.
FRIENDLY HOME EMERGENCY PANDEMIC PLAN
You may find the Friendly Home’s Emergency Pandemic Plan in our Brochure Library.