Current Friendly Home Visiting Restrictions
Effective immediately, in accordance with federal regulations, the Friendly Home is not allowing visitors to our community for any reason other than an end-of-life situation for a loved one. As you know, this is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will continue to follow the direction of federal, state and local agencies. As always, the health, well-being and safety of our Members is our top priority, and we will continue to take any and all measures to minimize the risk of COVID-19 within our community.
We greatly appreciate your support as we work together on behalf of those we serve. If you feel you have an urgent reason to visit, please call (585) 789-3102.
News & Information
- We are screening every employee, every shift, every day as they come to work. This includes 1) taking their temperatures and 2) having them complete a questionnaire about COVID-19 risk factors, including showing signs of respiratory illness and potential exposure to anyone with COVID-19. No one will be allowed to enter the building if they have a fever or other symptoms of respiratory illness. Employees are constantly reminded that if they are not feeling well in any way, they should not come to work.
- Universal masking policies are in place – ALL employees MUST wear masks.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE). As with proper wearing of masks, we are continuously reinforcing and monitoring these procedures with our staff.
- Our thorough disinfecting and cleaning processes are performed frequently, with special attention to commonly touched areas such as door knobs, light switches, elevator buttons and the like.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed in every Member room and throughout the building in common areas.
- We have implemented plans to limit as much as reasonably possible the movement of individuals within and throughout the Home.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is monitored and strictly enforced.
- We have an adequate inventory on hand of PPE and cleaning and disinfecting supplies, with ordering and deliveries occurring on a daily basis.
The Friendly Home continues to be sufficiently staffed in important areas such as Nursing, Dining Services, Environmental Services, Life Enrichment and Social Work. Our Human Resources team has implemented several staffing strategies to build up our pool of employees and maintain the necessary staffing levels to provide care and services for our Members.
Inventory & Supplies
We are maintaining sufficient inventories of the supplies we need, including items like gowns and gloves, cleaning supplies and food/beverages. We are ordering many of these items daily to ensure that we continue to be well supplied in the days and weeks to come.
The Friendly Home’s Life Enrichment team is going above and beyond to keep our Members active and as engaged.
- Daily 1-on-1 visits with all Members
- 1-on-1 activities are offered every day, such as cards, games, prayer, and reading stories
- Providing Members with music and audio books that they can listen to in their rooms
- A traveling leisure cart with activities like jigsaw puzzles, cards, coloring/drawing
- Sam and Sheila are providing traveling live music! They are playing in the hallways for Members to enjoy in their rooms.
- Traveling carts for cocktail hour and other refreshments and snacks. Our Music Therapist performs in the Auditorium and that is broadcast on our internal channel for Members during cocktail hour.
- There is a lot of programming available on our internal Channel 4, such as exercise, the rosary, crossword puzzles, travelogues, live music, sensory videos and more. There are also baking demonstration shows, and we pass out snacks afterwards. One or two employees are leading the group, and then we have staff on each neighborhood encouraging Members to tune in and follow along.
- Members have really been enjoying video chats with their families. Please contact Samantha Voigt at 585-789-4604, firstname.lastname@example.org or Tamara Stout at 585-319-2194, email@example.com to arrange a video chat, which are scheduled for Mondays through Fridays from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
- Families and friends are encouraged to send photos, drawings, notes of encouragement, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will print these out and share with our Members.
Further, our leadership team rounds on every neighborhood several times a day to visit and check in with Members and staff to see how everyone is doing and to address any concerns. Our Social Workers spend time with Members every day, and are monitoring for any signs of emotional issues.
Send a Guitar Gram!
Our Life Enrichment team has created Guitar Grams. You can send a request for a favorite song along with a message to your loved one through the email@example.com email address. Our Music Therapist, Sam Snyder, will announce the dedication to your Member and play the requested tune for your loved one during strolling musical visits to each neighborhood,