Friendly Senior Living, celebrating its 170th anniversary in 2019, has successfully completed its $4.5 million capital campaign. Funds raised during the campaign will support several key capital and program enhancements throughout the Friendly Senior Living continuum.
“We couldn’t have met and exceeded our campaign goal without the support of our donors, community volunteers and board members leading the way, and it makes our 170th anniversary that much more exciting,” said Glen Cooper, president and CEO of Friendly Senior Living. “Since 1849, we have served the needs of older adults in the Greater Rochester community with the highest levels of care and compassion. The funds raised through our capital campaign enrich the lives of our residents in many significant and meaningful ways. With the help of our friends, we continue to provide excellent care, top-notch programs and services, and exceptional amenities.”
The capital and program enhancements supported by the fundraising campaign include:
- Enhanced memory care programming, including partnering with the nationally renowned organization Dementia Care Specialists.
- Partnership with Monroe Community College to provide training for Certified Nursing Assistants. Stipends are provided to students to help with expenses such as books and childcare. The training program also includes career advancement opportunities, including the progression of Certified Nursing Assistant to Licensed Practical Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse.
- A board-certified Music Therapist trained in Neurologic Music Therapy who works with residents on an individual basis to address specific needs, including helping those with Parkinson’s to walk and talk better and with more confidence, those with dementia to reorient themselves to the world and increase their levels of alertness and attention, and those with aphasia who cannot speak because of a stroke to find their voices.
- New Friendly Home Café and Gift Shop
- New Tranquility Room, offering a peaceful space for Friendly Home Members and their families to spend time together.
- New stone fire pit and gathering area at Cloverwood Senior Living.
- An irrigation system at Cloverwood to enhance the beautiful landscaping.
- A magnificent state-of-the-art theater at Cloverwood.
- The Cloverwood fitness center, which recently was upgraded to include the latest new equipment, including treadmills, elliptical machines, hand weights and more.
formal celebration was hosted Thursday, Oct. 17, for key stakeholders, donors,
employees volunteers, and community leaders to celebrate the organization’s 170th anniversary and the success of the fundraising campaign. For more information,
About Friendly Senior Living:
The Friendly Senior Living continuum includes Cloverwood, an active independent senior living community in Pittsford; Glenmere at Cloverwood, which offers assisted living, enhanced assisted living and memory care; Linden Knoll, an independent senior living apartment community in Brighton; the Lovejoy Transitional Care Center which offers short-term rehabilitative care at the Friendly Home; and the Friendly Home, a skilled nursing home in Brighton offering 24-hour care, rehabilitation, memory care and hospice care.
Back to Press Releases