Volunteers provide so many of the little “extras” that create special moments in the daily lives of our Members. Whether you have more time to volunteer on a regular basis or just a little bit of time once in a while, you can lend a hand at the Friendly Home.
Our volunteers spend time visiting one-on-one with Members, participating in group activities, planning and helping out at Member events, or assisting in our offices. They sing, bake, read, garden, go on outings, bring in their pets, play instruments, raise funds and so much more.
Here are just some of our volunteer opportunities for consideration:
Volunteer SpotlightMaggie RustowiczWhether it’s cocktail hour, neighborhood visits or in the Friendly Gift Shop, on Thursdays you are likely to find Maggie spending time with Friendly Home Members! This senior nursing student and St. John Fisher College Service Scholar is a committed volunteer who loves to make our Members happy.
- Complete and return a volunteer application.
- Once your application is received, our Volunteer Coordinator will call you to discuss your interests and availability.
- Attend an orientation.
- Complete an annual personal and confidential health screening with our medical nurse, including a tuberculin skin test. Volunteers also need to provide proof of immunity to rubella/rubeola. If you cannot provide proof, a simple blood test will be performed as part of your health screening at no charge.
Additional requirements for teen volunteers:
- You must be at least 14 years old to volunteer at the Friendly Home.
- Submit your application.
- Provide immunization records.
Submit Your Application
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the application below. You may email the application to Kathy Main, our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to the address below:
3156 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
Attention: Kathy Main
For more information about volunteer opportunities at the Friendly Home, please contact:
Kathy Main, Volunteer Coordinator