To say the least, 2020 was a very challenging year for all of us, unlike anything we’ve ever seen before. We understand that families may recognize that their loved one is in need of more support, but have difficulty thinking about making a move during the time of COVID. I’d like to share some thoughts with you about why now might be exactly the right time for you and your loved one to consider joining an assisted living community.
- Perhaps you’ve noticed that your loved one now requires more support with their daily needs such as personal care, grooming, medications and more. At assisted living, we make sure our residents have that necessary support. And with nursing staff on-site 24/7, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that your loved one is safe, secure and well-cared for – every day and every night!
- At Glenmere Assisted Living, we take care of so many of the details for our residents. Let us do the housekeeping, laundry and cooking! In many instances, on-site or virtual visits with our physician plus the availability of lab services allow residents to remain in the comfort and safety of their home at Glenmere.
- Even during COVID, our residents are staying engaged and being social – safely, of course! Weekly cocktail hour, seasonal activities and celebrations, music, movies, pet visits, games and our walking group are among our most popular pastimes. And if a resident prefers not to participate, we make sure that they have plenty of interaction each day with attentive and caring staff, as well as bring the things they like to do right to their apartments. Traveling snacks or a personal shopping cart visit, anyone?
- Per New York State Department of Health guidelines, in-person or window visits are allowed. Zoom and FaceTime visits are always welcome!
- Thankfully, Glenmere residents and many of our employees have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We recognize how important this step is in returning to a sense of normalcy, and look forward to bright days ahead.
Making the decision to move to a supportive living environment is difficult at the best of times. However, our residents and their families have expressed time and again how grateful they are that during the pandemic, they’ve felt safe, engaged and worry-free.
We encourage you to schedule a personal tour of Glenmere to learn more about assisted living and meet our staff. We’d love to meet you! Our protocols ensure a safe visit. You may also visit our website, or schedule a Zoom chat or FaceTime visit. Please come see us soon!
Back to Blog Posts