Current Glenmere Visiting Restrictions
Effective immediately, in accordance with federal regulations, Glenmere Assisted Living is not allowing outside visitors to our community for any reason other than an end-of-life situation for a loved one. As you know, this is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will continue to follow the direction of federal, state and local agencies. As always, the health, well-being and safety of our residents is our top priority, and we will continue to take any and all measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 within our community.
We greatly appreciate your support as we work together on behalf of those we serve. If you feel you have urgent reason to visit, please call (585) 248-1200.
News & Info.
Dear Glenmere Residents and Families,
With the nicer weather we had over the weekend, and with more pleasant weather coming, we’ve been experiencing a number of families coming to the Glenmere campus to visit with their loved ones. While we understand that you want to see and spend time with them, we are bound to follow regulations and guidelines pertaining to this issue. Following the direction of state government and health agencies, Glenmere is not currently allowing these visits. We know that residents and families miss each other, but reducing the risk of COVID on our campus has to be our top priority. We encourage you to arrange video chats through Life Enrichment to keep in touch and call each other often. This is a difficult time and we empathize, but we must do everything we can to limit residents’ exposure to COVID-19 and minimize the potential spread of it in our community. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
News & Information
- We are screening every employee, every shift, every day as they come to work. This includes 1) taking their temperatures and 2) having them complete a questionnaire about COVID-19 risk factors, including showing signs of respiratory illness and potential exposure to anyone with COVID-19. No one will be allowed to enter the building if they have a fever or other symptoms of respiratory illness. Employees are constantly reminded that if they are not feeling well in any way, they should not come to work.
- Universal masking policies are in place – ALL employees MUST wear masks.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE). As with proper wearing of masks, we are continuously reinforcing and monitoring these procedures with our staff.
- Our thorough disinfecting and cleaning processes are performed frequently, with special attention to commonly touched areas such as door knobs, light switches, elevator buttons and the like.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the building in common areas.
- We have implemented plans to limit as much as reasonably possible the movement of individuals within and throughout Glenmere.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is monitored and strictly enforced.
- We have an adequate inventory on hand of PPE and cleaning and disinfecting supplies, with ordering and deliveries occurring on a daily basis.
Glenmere continues to be sufficiently staffed in important areas such as Nursing, Dining Services, Environmental Services and Life Enrichment. Our Human Resources team has implemented several staffing strategies to build up our pool of employees and maintain the necessary staffing levels to provide care and services for our Members.
Inventory & Supplies
We are maintaining sufficient inventories of the supplies we need, including items like gowns and gloves, cleaning supplies and food/beverages. We are ordering many of these items daily to ensure that we continue to be well supplied in the days and weeks to come.
Glenmere’s Life Enrichment team is going above and beyond to keep our residents active and engaged.
- Traveling carts full of activities for the residents:
- A traveling wine and cheese cart
- Traveling lemonade, ice tea, and assorted cookies
- Activity cart with disposable activities like coloring sheets, colored pencils, word puzzles, jokes, trivia questions, snack items
- 1-1 visits
- Hallway Bingo
- Independent activities are also being provided, such as word puzzles and news clips
- Live chats with loved ones are continuing all day long; this is wonderful for families to see their mom, dad, or even spouse. Our residents love these chats!
- As the weather warms up days, we are encouraging residents to get fresh air in our courtyards while practicing social distancing.
- The Life Enrichment team is in frequent contact with families via email, and sending them pictures of their loved ones.
These activities are all conducted while practicing social distancing and rigorous sanitation.