Glenmere Enhanced Assisted Living
Glenmere is among the first providers in the Rochester area to receive New York State Department of Health certification to provide enhanced assisted-living services. Enhanced assisted living includes all of Glenmere’s standard assisted-living services, with the following additional services provided as necessary based on each resident’s individualized plan of care:
- One-person physical assistance with transferring (e.g., from sitting to standing, getting in and out of bed, using the restroom)
- One-person physical assistance with mobility (e.g., walking, wheelchair, electric wheelchair or scooter)
- Assistance with medical equipment (e.g., oxygen, ostomy, catheter, C-PAP)
- Assistance with incontinence care
- Assistance ascending and descending stairs in the event of an emergency
Enhanced assisted living at Glenmere is an excellent alternative for residents whose care needs exceed what basic assisted living can meet, but who do not require admission to The Friendly Home for 24-hour skilled nursing. Enhanced assisted living can also be a convenient and cost-effective alternative to staying at home and paying for extensive home healthcare services.
Glenmere’s lovely apartment homes await your furnishings and individual decorating tastes. All of our studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments feature generously sized living and bedroom areas, cleverly designed kitchenettes, and spacious baths with walk-in showers. Residents and families enjoy the safety and security provided by our state-of-the-art wireless emergency response system. Glenmere also provides cable television and all utilities (except telephone) at no additional charge.